New Tesla Superchargers Coming Soon to the Washington, DC Area
Tesla has been busy adding more Superchargers around the greater Washington, DC area. Last month, the first Supercharger inside the District of Columbia opened in the garage of a Safeway store on Wisconsin Ave, NW. A second Tesla Supercharger in the District is currently under construction in the Fort Lincoln area of NW. Tesla apparently still has crews working at Supercharger construction sites where proper personal distancing can be practiced.
Listed below are the sites that have begun construction the Washington, DC area including the western suburbs in Virginia and Maryland’s Eastern Shore. UPDATE, May 28, 2020: added Nottingham, MD & Falls Church, VA
- Washington, DC – NE 12 stalls, 250 kW at Shops at Dakota Crossing
- South Riding, VA 8 stalls, 250 kW at Royal Farms
- Falls Church, VA 8 stalls, 250 kW at Idylwood Plaza
- Vienna, VA 8 stalls, 250 kW at Wawa
- Reston, VA 8 stalls, 250 kW at Reston Station
- Nottingham, MD 8 stalls, 250 kW at Royal Farms
- Baltimore, MD – Canton 8 stalls, 250 kW at Harris Teeter
- Easton, MD 8 stalls, 250 kW at Royal Farms
The exact timing of the opening of specific locations will depend on a variety of factors. Here is a PlugInSites Map of DC Area Superchargers both open and under construction.
Other Locations Targeted as Opening This Year
The locations listed below are indicated on the Tesla charging map as “Coming Soon” with a target to open in 2020.
- Columbia Heights, DC
- Washington SE, DC
- Tysons, VA
- King George, VA
- Bethesda, MD
- Greenbelt, MD
- Elkridge, MD
- Halethorpe, MD
- Towson, MD
- Millersville, MD
Follow @PlugInSites on Twitter and subscribe below for updates.