“NJ Charging Challenge: Electrify Your Workplace” program launched to recognize employers who install EV charging.
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) wants to recognize the employers in New Jersey that are making their workplaces “Electric Vehicle-Ready.”
By providing workplace charging for electric vehicles, these employers are becoming more sustainable and are helping to reduce emissions of air pollutants from cars, improve the environment and improve the bottom line for their employees that drive to work. All employers are invited to participate, whether private, government, educational or non-profit.
How to qualify for recognition:
- Install a minimum of 2 charging stations (Level 1/120 Volt or Level 2/240 Volt).
- Installations as early as January 1, 2015 will be accepted.
- Complete an NJ Charging Challenge application form and submit with proof of installation to DriveGreen@dep.nj.gov.
- Parking spaces must be dedicated to charging station use only.
- Recognition will include a certificate from the Department, as well as website recognition.
- All applicants who meet the qualifications will receive recognition, but the top performers in the Charging Challenge will be honored at the Governor’s Environmental Excellence Awards ceremony at the end of the year.
For more information, visit www.drivegreen.nj.gov/programs.html