Watch bald eagles while you plug in and charge at Fisherman’s Park at Conowingo Dam on the Susquehanna River.
The Conowingo Hydroelectric Generating Station is capable of generating 572 MW of clean electricity and has been providing electricity to the region since 1928.
Unfortunately when I was there on August 26, 2015, the connectors would not release from the holsters of the ChargePoint charging station. I called customer service and they were not able to release it remotely either. A service ticket is pending.
Directions to Conowingo Dam Fisherman’s Park
2569 SHURES LANDING ROAD,
DARLINGTON, MD 21034
FROM THE NORTH:
1. Go south on US-1 crossing into Maryland
2. Turn LEFT onto SHURESVILLE ROAD (the first left immediately after crossing the dam) go .7 miles
3. Turn sharp LEFT onto Shures Landing Rd.
FROM THE SOUTH:
1. Go north on I-95 N
2. Keep RIGHT at the fork to go on MD-24 N (13.2m)
3. Turn RIGHT onto Shuresville Rd. (7 mi)
4. Turn sharp LEFT onto Shures Landing Rd.