The Supercharger Station at the Delaware Welcome Center in Newark, DE is temporarily closed.
UPDATE: The Newark Supercharger station is now OPEN.
Tesla Customer Service said that it has been down since Wednesday morning. They have no estimate on when it will be back up. When asked for an alternative charging location, they suggested the J-1772 charging stations at the Welcome Center by the truck parking area. But only one of those two Level 2 stations is working right now.
For any Tesla drivers traveling on I-95 who have a CHAdeMO adapter, be advised that there are CHAdeMO Fast Chargers at the following places in Maryland. Most of these are on the ChargePoint Network and the fee for them is 0.29 per kWh, $3.50 minimum. Check the ChargePoint dashboard to see if any stations are in use.
- North East – Royal Farms, 500 Mechanics Valley Rd, North East, MD 21901
- Joppa – Royal Farms, 2620 Mountain Rd, Joppa, MD 21085
- White Marsh – Royal Farms (2 chargers), 10740 Pulaski Hwy, White Marsh, MD 21162
- Baltimore – Royal Farms, 6201 Pulaski Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Baltimore – Best Western Conf. Center, 5625 O Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Arbutus – Royal Farms, 3505 Washington Blvd, Arbutus, MD 21227
- Glen Burnie – Royal Farms, 930 Cromwell Park Dr, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
All of these are on the ChargePoint Network except the Baltimore Best Western which is on Greenlots.